Monday 31 January 2011

FIFA 2001 Results - Challenger Eight

Match 1 – So tonight Ryan starts it off with the Premiership and of course Arsenal… and as predictable as I am I go with Liverpool… this was a real tight game… we both had plenty of chances… but it was Ryan that did the business in front of goal… a hat trick of well taken goals by Van Persie secured him the victory!!! (0-1) Match 2 – Dutch league next… and Ryan steals my pick in Ajax… I end up picking PSV… Ryan started of best with a cracking goal by his striker Hamdauoui… this could possible be up there for goal of the month!!! Anyway it wasn’t long until Ryan and Hamdauoui had their second after some real sloppy defending… and if that wasn’t enough Hamdauoui grabbed his hat trick with another cracker!!! It got worse again for me when I got my right back sent off… but there was a glimmer of light… when Berg rose above all the defenders and headed one home… now I thought I had a chance of a comeback… but I fecked that up when Englaar got sent off for a second bookable offence… but I had the last laugh as Ryan managed to sky rocket the penalty… and that was that… another lose for me... not good!!! (0-2) Match 3 – We head to Portugal now with Ryan picking Benfica… and myself Braga… rather boring match as I sat back and dragged out the draw… at least I saved myself from being white washed… this draw could come important… but saying that now in the dying seconds I had a chance to score… and my goal it was so close to going in!!! (½-2½) Match 4 – La Liga next… Ryan picks Real Madrid… while I go with Valencia… and finally I hit some form… Solasdo slots one home after being set up by Juanquin… next we see the most ridiculous goal ever… when Pepe passed the ball back to his feet… unfortunately it went through his legs and into the back of the next… possibly goal of the season??? Anyway half time goals and all I need to do it keep cool and ive got this one in the bag!!! But Ryan starts out strong and scores a great goal with Khedria… before Di Maria scores a fantastic goal to level the match even tho he had three defenders on him!!! Anyway a draw looked secure until Ryan scored a great header in the dying seconds of the game… and there fluked the victory!!! (½-3½) Match 5 – Final game tonight comes from the French league… we see Ryan with Lyon… and myself with Marseille!!! All we saw was a great header from Gougoff from a corner… but otherwise a dull match… so overall Ryan did excellent… a real hard challenger… but has he done enough to finish top of the table??? (½-4½)

No comments:

Post a Comment